* OPINION AND THOUGHT* In English, opinion and thoughts are rather different in their definition. Opinion is basically a statement about what you have in mind about something, either agree or disagree, pro or con and so on. Thoughts are actually ideas or what you think about something. It can be an opinion, solution, critics etc. Between opinion and thoughts, they also have a slight difference in their expression. Here are the statements for each of them. Saying opinion: In my opinion,... I think... I believe... I'd say.... I agree with that I disagree with that Giving thoughts: I have an idea... I think ... I suppose such is a good idea I have to say such is mistaken it should be... it should have been... * Dialog Ara: What’s your opinion of smoking? Fatia...
Type 3 Conditional Type 3 conditional sentences , are truly hypothetical or unreal. In these sentences, the time is past, and the situation is contrary to reality. The facts they are based on are the opposite of what is expressed. 1. Form In a Type 3 conditional sentence, the tense in the ‘if’ clause is the past perfect , and the tense in the main clause is the perfect conditional : If it had rainedyou would have got wet ‘IF’ CLAUSE MAIN CLAUSE If + past perfect Perfect conditional If you had worked harder you would have passed the exam. Perfect conditional – form The perfect conditional of any verb is composed of two elements: would + the perfect infinitive of the main verb (= have + past participle): Subject would perfect infinitive He They would would have gone… have stayed… Affirmative I would have believed … Negat...
Narative Text A. The definition of narrative text Narrative text is a story with complication or problematic events and it tries to find the resolutions to solve the problems. An important part of narrative text is the narrative mode, the set of methods used to communicate the narrative through a process narration. B. The purpose of narrative text The Purpose of Narrative Text is to amuse or to entertain the reader with a story. C. Generic Structures of Narrative Text 1) Orientation Sets the scene: where and when the story happened and introduces the participants of the story: who and what is involved in the story. 2) Complication Tells the beginning of the problems which leads to the crisis (climax) of the main participants. 3) Resolution The problem (the crisis) is resolved, either in a happy ending or in a sad (tragic) ending 4) Re-orientation/Coda This is a closing remark to the story and it is optional. It consists of a moral lesson,...
Komentar
Posting Komentar